Saturday, October 24, 2009

Christmas came early for me!!

We were getting ready to eat dinner last night when we heard the unmistakable sound of the UPS truck outside. Our family loves when the "big brown truck" comes. 90% of the time they are delivering something I've won online and I always share :). This time was no different. It was a big white box that was pretty hefty for its size. I tore into it and found my amazing win from the fall festival courtesy of snafood: a dozen fairytale brownies and a jar of carmel sauce!!!!!!! Think that's too many exclamation points? Well, then you've never tried a fairytale brownie. I am in no way exaggerating. I wasn't asked, bribed or paid to write this. I won these from a random giveaway and loved them so much, I had to share them with all of my readers. What's so great about them? Let me count the ways....

1. Speed. This is the fastest company I've ever won anything from. The period from winning to eating was MAYBE a week. My prizes have never come that quickly before. I don't complain about the wait or anything because, hey, they're free. These people were on the ball though. And I like that in a company.

2. Presentation. It really did feel like Christmas when I opened the packing box. Inside was a lovely jar of carmel sauce wrapped in tissue paper and a box with a gorgeous fall scene on it. When I opened the box there was a nice note and more pretty paper. There was also a catalog in the box so I can order more brownies---which I will ABSOLUTELY be doing for Christmas gifts!!

3. Here's the best part---Taste! These are the freshest, moistest brownies I have ever tasted! I love to bake and I love brownies but I have never had anything that came close to these tasty treats.

There was one of each of the 12 flavors: original (nothing original about it--DELICIOUS!), pecan (with whole, fresh pecans on top), walnut (I love brownies with nuts but can't usually make them because Chris doesn't), espresso nib (HEAVEN!!!), mint (austin's favorite!), white chocolate (i don't even like white chocolate stuff and I enjoyed these!), caramel, raspberry swirl, chocolate chip, peanut butter, cream cheese and toffee crunch. i haven't tried the last 6 yet, that's why there aren't any comments by them.

On the label of the caramel sauce (which is so good, it's sinful) are the phrases "luscious beginnings, fairytale endings" and "a taste so enchanting, it could only be called...fairytale". I couldn't agree more!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations - and I agree - they are the MOST WONDERFUL brownies ever. It's so hard to put it into words...I reviewed them on The Speedy Gourmet (Snafood's partner in crime LOL), and omg I am in love with them. I am seriously thinking about ordering more - I miss them. Wait until you try the Toffee Bits - oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm so impressed and happy that you enjoyed your brownies as much as I did. They are incredible, aren't they?!

    I'm very glad you and your family enjoyed them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the great review and feedback on our Facebook Fan page! We hope you become a lifetime customer and look forward to serving you in the future!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so i know someone out there is visiting!